- Medientyp: Buch
- Titel: The Arts Club of Chicago at 100 : art and culture 1916-2016
- Beteiligte: Mileaf, Janine A.
- Erschienen: Chicago : Arts Club of Chicago, 2016
- Umfang: 172 S. : zahlr. Ill.
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN: 9781891925467; 1891925466
LH 31830 : Chicago
LO 94250 : Chicago (Ill.)
Arts Club of Chicago
Chicago <Ill., 2016>
- Beschreibung: Founded in 1916 in the wake of the scandalous Armory Show, the Arts Club of Chicago aimed to present the city with new images, sounds, and ideas. Conceived as an exhibition and social space that would cultivate sophisticated conversations around a range of media, the Arts Club has maintained its core interest in presenting culture "in the making." Today, it continues to serve as a key venue in Chicago for the presentation of work by the national and international avant-garde, including such artistic luminaries as Sharon Lockhart, Josiah McElheny, Pedro Cabrita Reis, and many more. This volume addresses the visual art, music, theater, dance, architecture, and literature presented by the Club over its one-hundred-year history with new scholarship by leading writers in each field. A dynamic exploration of the intertwined histories of the Arts Club and Chicago, this colorfully illustrated book celebrates both an institution and a city that have remained innovative and forward-thinking throughout the decades. 00Exhibition: The Arts Club of Chicago, USA (20.9.-17.12.2016)
- Status: ausleihbar