- Medientyp: Buch
- Titel: Theo Jansen -The great pretender
- Beteiligte: Jansen, Theo
- Erschienen: Rotterdam : nai010 Publ., 2016
- Ausgabe: Expanded 3. ed.
- Umfang: 263 S. : zahlr. Ill.
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN: 9789462083448; 9462083444
LI 99999 : Sonstige (CSN der Person)
- Beschreibung: Since 1990 kinetic artist Theo Jansen has been engaged in creating new forms of life: beach animals. These are not made of protein like the existing life-forms but from another basic stuff, yellow plastic tubing. Skeletons made from these tubes are able to walk. They get their energy from the wind, so they don?t have to eat like regular animals. They evolved over many generations, becoming increasingly adept at surviving storms and water from the sea. Theo Jansen?s ultimate wish is to release herds of these animals on the shore. In redoing the Creation, so to speak, he hopes to become wiser in his dealings with the existing nature by encountering problems the Real Creator had to face. 0'The Great Pretender' is a testimonial to his experiences as God. It?s not easy being God; there are plenty of disappointments along the way. But on the few occasions that things work out, being God is the most wonderful thing in the world. 00Expanded and updated edition on the work of Theo Jansen
- Status: ausleihbar